
A man's appeared in court charged over an attack in Douglas at the weekend that left a man in a coma.
Matthew James Woods of Saddle Road in Douglas appeared before High Bailiff Jayne Hughes at Douglas Courthouse.
He's charged with causing grievous bodily harm to a man on Victoria Street in Douglas on March 25 but hasn't yet entered a plea.
Prosecutor Barry Swain told the hearing Mr Woods had been drinking in 1886 Bar and Grill and spoke to his alleged victim at around 2.30am.
There was an argument over a woman, and Mr Swain told the court Mr Woods punched his alleged victim once, knocking him to the ground.
The man suffered serious head injuries and is currently in a critical condition in a specialist hospital unit.
CCTV footage is said to show Mr Woods returning to his victim and propping him up against a wall before leaving the scene.
A bail application was refused and Mrs Hughes remanded him in custody until his next appearance on April 4.