
The most clinically vulnerable on the Isle of Man will be offered a booster COVID-19 vaccine in the coming weeks.
Covid boosters will be offered to those at greatest risk of the disease as part of of measures for controlling coronavirus over the autumn and winter.
The group includes all over-50s, frontline health and social care workers and care home residents.
The Manx government said people would be contacted "directly by letter" to arrange an appointment for a third dose.
It comes after the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) said a third dose of vaccine would top up the immunity in those whose protection had likely waned since they completed their first round of shots earlier in the year.
Manx government statistics show that nearly 64,000 people on the island have now received their second vaccine dose.
People who are most vulnerable to #COVID19 will be offered a booster vaccine.
— Isle of Man Government (@IOMGovernment) September 23, 2021
This includes:
▶️ adults aged 50 or over
▶️ frontline health & social care workers
▶️ care home residents
You will be contacted directly via a letter if you're eligible for a booster.
More 👇 pic.twitter.com/hKhdBgKwgh