
A teenager accused of being the getaway driver during a series of arson attacks has been bailed.
Tobias Andrew Mckee of School Road in Onchan appeared before magistrates at Douglas Courthouse.
The 18 year old entered no plea to one count each of attempting to destroy property by fire, arson with intent to endanger life and arson.
Prosecutor Barry Swain told the hearing Mckee and another man are accused of targeting the same family three times in six days.
On the first, a Molotov cocktail was thrown at a house in Douglas in the early hours of July 27.
On August 2, a Ford Fiesta parked in Onchan was completely burned out and when police checked the owner’s home address they discovered it, too, had been subjected to an attack.
Magistrates said the case was so serious it would have to be heard in the Court of General Gaol Delivery.
They bailed Mr Mckee in the sum of £500 on condition be observes a 10pm to 4.30amcurfew, and he’ll appear in court again on February 16.